Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Washington D.C.'s 10 Best Dressed

I have a bone to pick with Washingtonian Magazine, who recently featured an article that immediately peaked my interest; "Well Dressed Woman of 2007."

"Oh, I can't wait to see all the impecibly dressed women," I thought. Plus, D.C. is not exactly known for it's fashion so I'm stoked about the article. Naturally.

First of all, the article is more like an advertisement for Saks Fifth Avenue, who nearly all ten of women rave about.

Second, overall most of the women pictured are dressed rather plainly. Cute-ish, but plain. The woman pictured above, for example, is dressed in every other outfit from Express or New York and Company, whatever. Rachel Cothran claims to love vintage stores like The Remix and Annie Creamcheese so why not model your vintage duds?

That's all I'm sayin'.

However, I do really like that the article features some very successful and interesting women over 30. Represent!

No comments: