A little black dress is the ultimate go-to item for any female. It's versatile and easy. I found this black dress from a thrift store several months ago when I was looking for a Halloween costume (see picture of me as Wednesday Addams here). It was boxy with shoulder pads and was an awkward length. I had it tailored and can now wear it anywhere. I also found this pink "boyfriend jacket" at a thrift store and loved the 80's vibe it was giving me. I tore out the shoulder pads and voila; ready to wear!
I'm really happy with both of these purchases and spent less than $20
on both, including tailoring. Cheap thrills for sure.
Why, hello there. It's been a little while, hasn't it? I feel like I blinked and it's February. V-Day is just around the corner and I know it's a bit faux pas to like this holiday but I actually do. I'm a Libra and we wear our hearts on our sleeves! In the spirit of this Hallmark holiday here are some fun gift ideas for your sweetheart that they'll actually love.
1. This lovely little ring is the next best thing to wearing your heart on your sleeve. Lauren Conrad wore it here.
2. If you know me you know that I love a good hand-written card. This handmade card's message hits the nail on the head. Let's be weird together. I couldn't have said it better myself.
3. This quirky Sid and Nancy antique plate is perfect for those with a bit of a dark side and a propensity for punk rock and rage. Hey, whatever floats your boat.
4. Diane Von Furstenberg's lip clutch is a timeless gift for your stylish lady-love.
5. A flirty sweatshirt is equal parts comfy and cute.
6. These beer glasses would please any beer aficionado and would be a great excuse to throw away those old Corona glasses. Two birds with one stone.
7. Take your man's grooming routine up a notch with this kit from The Art of Shaving. My brother absolutely raves about their grooming gear. You've come a long way from your Old Spice after shave, Mikey.
8. This travel bag offers a sweet reminder for the man in your life. Cute but manly.
As soon as the weather turns a wee bit brisk I'm immediately ready for 1) pumpkin spice lattes 2) cute boots and 3) movies by a crackling fireplace. Needless to say, when it gets colder I get a bit, uhh, lazier. But, a girl has got to look cute regardless of the weather. Am I right or am I right? Lucky for us there are a lot of fun trends that are both stylish and comfortable. Here is what I am loving at the moment:
1. The grandpa cardigan is just the right amount of Mister Rogers. This mint beauty looks oh-so-snuggly.
2. "Pajama pants" are the Queen Bee of the comfort trends. I recommend the slimmer version which is more sophisticated than the wide-legged counter-part. Pair these silky pants with a solid waist-cinching top to elongate your body. Add some heels and finish the look off with a structured bag. Boom!
3. Fun sweatshirts are the best thing since sliced bread. They're thinner than the sweatshirts of yesteryear so they're more flattering but equally comfortable. Thissweatshirt would be perfect for brunch, right?
4. Dressy sweatshirts may sound like an oxymoron but you'd be wrong! A little bling on that cottony goodness? Yes, please. Pair it with some dark jeans and heels and you're good to go, honey.
5. Boots are the quintessential fall footwear in my humblest opinion, but flat boots are a step above. Not only are they made for walking, but they're made for twerking, dancing, and everything in between.
6. Smoking slippers are the perfect masculine inspired footwear. And since they're flat you won't be waddling like a duck at the end of a long night. The poodle pattern on these slippers is everything.
If you know me you know I love thrifting and vintage finds. Maybe it's the thrill of the hunt. Maybe it's the $4 silk scarf that just screams "Jackie O". Whatever the reason - I'm into it!
This weekend I ventured to DC Flea which is a huge collaboration between vendors selling vintage clothing, re-purposed furniture and all sorts of odds and ends. The weather was crummy so I didn't get to stay long but I did find this gorgeous, silky, pinky-peachy shift dress with lace trimwhich was everything I wanted and more. I belted it and added a biker jacket. I like the contrast between uber-feminine and a little edgy.
I love these earrings. They're so over the top with a Marie Antoinette-esque woman on them.
I borrowed (read: stole - she's not getting it back) this beaded clutch from my mom's closet.
I'll be starting a series called "Cheap Thrills" to give you a look at my never-ending quest for cute looks at reasonable prices. As far as I'm concerned you don't need to spend a lot to look like a million bucks. Ya dig?
Dress: Summer Mizera Vintage
Jacket: Forever 21
Belt: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Pac Sun
Ring: Helzberg Diamonds Lipstick: 1st Night by Sephora