If you know me you know I love thrift stores. Although intimidating to some, I love the thrill of the hunt and the awesome finds I stumble upon. I know that you have to weed through a lot of (ahem) crap to find these gems so here are my tips for success.
1. Look for quality. This seems obvious, but don't waste your time or money on anything with rips, stains, etc. Move on from these items.
2. The dress section is one of my favorites. Fashions from decades past are back with a vengeance. Often times simply adding a waist-cinching belt, shortening the length or removing the shoulder pads can make an outdated dress modern and trendy.
3. The accessories section is my second favorite section. This is the section to look for clutch purses, brooches, necklaces and scarves for next to nothing.
4. Look for fun t-shirts and pair under a boyfriend blazer for an instantly chic and cheap look.
5. Ask the thrift store if they have deal days. Many have one day a week where items are up to 50% off. Cha ching.
6. Wash all clothing before wearing. Duh.
Here are some of my most recent thrift store finds:
Black suede pumps with lace up front.
They are perfect for fall and were $9.99.
Adorable yellow beaded necklace for $1.00.
Colorful silky scarf for $1.50.
And the crème de la crème - Stuart Weitzman sandals for
(ahh!) $5.99. I quite literally squealed out loud when I saw them.
Happy thrifting, dolls!