A little black dress is the ultimate go-to item for any female. It's versatile and easy. I found this black dress from a thrift store several months ago when I was looking for a Halloween costume (see picture of me as Wednesday Addams here). It was boxy with shoulder pads and was an awkward length. I had it tailored and can now wear it anywhere. I also found this pink "boyfriend jacket" at a thrift store and loved the 80's vibe it was giving me. I tore out the shoulder pads and voila; ready to wear!
I'm really happy with both of these purchases and spent less than $20
on both, including tailoring. Cheap thrills for sure.
Why, hello there. It's been a little while, hasn't it? I feel like I blinked and it's February. V-Day is just around the corner and I know it's a bit faux pas to like this holiday but I actually do. I'm a Libra and we wear our hearts on our sleeves! In the spirit of this Hallmark holiday here are some fun gift ideas for your sweetheart that they'll actually love.
1. This lovely little ring is the next best thing to wearing your heart on your sleeve. Lauren Conrad wore it here.
2. If you know me you know that I love a good hand-written card. This handmade card's message hits the nail on the head. Let's be weird together. I couldn't have said it better myself.
3. This quirky Sid and Nancy antique plate is perfect for those with a bit of a dark side and a propensity for punk rock and rage. Hey, whatever floats your boat.
4. Diane Von Furstenberg's lip clutch is a timeless gift for your stylish lady-love.
5. A flirty sweatshirt is equal parts comfy and cute.
6. These beer glasses would please any beer aficionado and would be a great excuse to throw away those old Corona glasses. Two birds with one stone.
7. Take your man's grooming routine up a notch with this kit from The Art of Shaving. My brother absolutely raves about their grooming gear. You've come a long way from your Old Spice after shave, Mikey.
8. This travel bag offers a sweet reminder for the man in your life. Cute but manly.