Monday, July 20, 2009

Cell-Phone Etiquette.

I took a train ride this weekend and was surprised (no, shocked) at some cell-phone etiquette I observed. Or lack thereof! A European gentleman in his thirties had an hour long conversation about how the person on the other end owed his $50,000. Whoa. "When am I getting my money?!" he blurted out over and over again. Was I over-hearing a mafia transaction or something?

After an hour long of angry outbursts and sketchy conversation he was done. I thought to myself, "Wow, I feel so badly for the woman sitting next to him." That is, until she decided to partake in the same cell phone behavior herself! This middle aged woman proceeded to have a twenty-five minute conversation about how her son is suicidal and how the police were called the other day because she "feared for her own life." Wow. That's some heavy conversation considering we were sitting in a jammed-packed train.

Honestly, I am not interested in your phone conversations. I understand if you need to make a quick call, but this was really obnoxious. Thoughts?

No comments: