5 Lessons We've Learned From Paris Hilton:
1. Never be embarrassed. Sex tape? Stint in jail? Night out sans panties? Yeah. So what. Shrug your shoulders, stick your chin up and act like it’s NBD. Denial and resistance creates controversy, but go with the flow and the water runs right off your back.
2. Be your own biggest fan. If someone hacked into my Blackberry, she’d find pictures of random misspelled signs and deep fried Twinkies (not that I ate one) (OK fine, it was a dare) (OK fine, it wasn’t a dare). But not Paris. When someone swiped her sim card a few years ago, we saw pic after pic of the celebutant making various Blue Steel faces for no one in particular. And why not? You only get one face, you might as well adore it!
3. Let him treat you well. You’re not betraying your feminist roots by accepting the princess treatment with a willing smile. True love doesn’t have to be subtle. It can sparkle like keys to your new Maybach and sing like Leona Lewis, who he just happened to book for your birthday party.
4. Keep family close. Most of us stopped matching outfits with our siblings when we turned 6, but not Paris—she’ll trot down the red carpet with sister Nicky in identical dresses. Not the best look for regular folks, but follow her lead in being besties with your sis? Always a Do!
5. Never be afraid to dump a guy. I swear on all things bedazzled, there is another one around the corner. And chances are he’s hotter, richer and…well, that’s a pretty good start.
Sure, in my mind the "Paris Hiltons of the world" are what is wrong with society, but I think these points are surprisingly true. What do you think?