Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Restaurant Week Update.

I dined at Vermilion in Old Town last week for Restaurant Week and
had a really nice meal (and great company). I chose the fixed three-course
menu that started with their summer tomato gazpacho. It was very
refreshing, with hints of watermelon, goat cheese and dill.

For my main course I had the filet with sweet beets, and their
version of onion rings which were so light and airy.

I finished the meal with their "Vermilion PB&J." It had classic PB&J flavors,
chocolate and the best hazelnut rice crisp for that unexpected crunch.

Overall, my meal experience was great. Service was attentive but not
overbearing, decor warm with lots of dim light, red velvet, intimate
booths and tasty food. Chef Anthony Chittum definitely delivered.

No comments: