Friday, November 7, 2008

An Open Letter

Dear Barack Obama,

I’d like to introduce myself as one of the hundreds of thousands of ‘youngsters’ who voted for you this past Tuesday. I’m writing today because I need to get something off my chest.

I am counting on you. Please don’t disappoint me.

I hope you know how much faith I have put into you. I rooted you on in the early days, against Hilary Clinton, Chris Dodd and Bill Richardson. I read your book, The Audacity of Hope, and felt….hopeful. I have been accused on voting for you because I’m on ‘the bandwagon.’ I have gotten into tearful debates with my own family over supporting you.

You have promised me over and over that you will never lie to me, even when times are tough as they are now. I am holding you to that promise, Mr. President.

Our country needs a president with integrity and I want more than anything for you to be that president. Please remember during these next four years that many Americans have risked a lot for you, myself included.

Remember that I am counting on you. Please don’t disappoint.

Sincerely,

Veronica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well said my baby booshka :)