Seeing as the economy is metaphorically curled up in the fetal position right now, I know we're all looking for ways to save moo-lah, particularly when it comes to taking out your guy or gal. Let's take a look at some fun date ideas (or for some good times with your friends) that won't empty your wallet, while taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather.
1. Drive-In Movie Theater: Drive in movie theaters are few and far between these days, but there is one in Stephen City (ya know, past Winchester) that is still alive and kickin'. There's nothing like cozying up to your hunny, while watching a classic on the big, BIG screen.
2. Corn Maze: If you're in the mood for a little fright and confusion, then check out Leesburg's infamous corn maze. It's 11 acres of winding fun. Check it out at night for the most fun. Click here for details.
3. Apple-Picking: Cox Farms in Centreville has a ton of fun, fall things to do in this delicious, crisp weather. From apple-picking, to hayrides, to pumpkin picking, to home-made apple cider, Cox Farms has it all.
4. Ghost Tours: Check out Alexandria's ghost and graveyard tours. "You’ll follow an 18th century costumed guide by lantern light through the haunted streets of Old Town hearing ghost stories, legends and folklore," according to their website. Sounds spooky. Click here for more details.
5. Haunted Woods Tours: Sterling's Algonkian Park is home to a haunted woods tour every fall. Check it out here. Prices range from $10-$13.
And there you have it, folks. Happy Fall!