Friday, August 8, 2008

By George, The National Enquirer Was Right

The National Enquirer has been reporting since last October that once-presidential hopeful John Edwards had an affair with a film-maker, Rielle Hunter. Oh, and that they reportedly had a love child too.

Edwards has been denying the allegations across the board claiming he has "been in love with the same woman" for thirty-some years.

Even when Edwards was caught red-handed, he still denied the affair. And the love child. As somebody who has always loved John Edwards and his on-going fight for hard-working people, I am so disappointed with this news. John, your wife has cancer.

Today Edwards admits to the allegations (minus the love child).

"In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness," a CNN article reports.

Rielle Hunter has a child. Edwards has vowed to take a paternity test to prove he is innocent of fathering a child.

All I can say is, shame on you John Edwards for lying and thank goodness he isn't the Democratic nominee.

No comments: